Tuesday, June 2, 2009

a hair bow with heart

Do you have a little girl? A niece? A granddaughter?

.
Okay, well here is the deal. Several months ago I met a sweet mother, Abigail, through my blog. Not only is she the woman behind Missy Prissy Bow Boutique (link on my left sidebar), she is also mother to Marcus Wayne, who was born on April 19th, 2000, with Trisomy 18. Abigail is just one of the many people I have met online, who has walked a similarly difficult road, with the loss of her little man to a trisomy.
.
Abigail told me a few weeks ago she was working on a special bow to send our way for little April. Well, surprise! - She did that, and more...
.
.
Abigail has made this hair bow in honor of our little girl. She is naming the bow "Hoping in Pink," after May 20th was declared "Hoping in Pink Day." Abigail says, "My hope is that April's mommy will find peace in the many people who support her and that she can use her story/testimony to help others..."
.
And helping others is my hope!
.
Remember this? - Well, after
I announced the "Support Life: Pick a Rose" campaign, I got a tiny bit of negative feedback. - You know, people saying that we were just trying to make money, even that my blog was a cover to sell shirts (ha... you get the picture!). Now, that was never what we set out to do with the shirts and isn't what happened in the end either. But I just wanted to mention it here because, with this bow, I will not be getting any proceeds. Instead, a portion of every sale will be donated to PASS Pregnancy Care Center (the same place that I mentioned here, and whom a portion of the tee shirt sales went to).
.
So folks, if you have a girl, or know a girl who'd like a pretty bow, consider purchasing "Hoping in Pink" by clicking here. In doing so, you'll never know how far your money has went in helping women in unplanned pregnancy situations, through PASS, and of course it also helps Abigail, a sweet mother who has been in my shoes.
.
Thank You.
.
Oh, and by the way - those April tees? - I am totally sporting mine:
.

Oh, and one more thing... It is Tuesday! Ya know, the day before Wednesday. - Do you have a request to still get in for tomorrow's "His will Wednesdays" post? If so, comment below or e-mail me here.

Goodnight friends!