Tuesday, April 28, 2009

and they said it wouldn't happen...

Update:
.
Whoah! In the last hour since writing my post,I have gotten at least 15 e-mails regarding my statement below: "Adam totally has my vote." So let me just say this: I have watched American Idol for years, and am a firm believer that the competition should be based on vocals, not personal stories (for example this season: certain tragedies in contestants pasts), or personal stances even. Yes, I am aware that Adam is openly gay. Yes, I am also aware that Danny is openly a Christian.
.
Now, I happen to think that all of the "Idols" still in it, are extremely talented, but believe Adam has just been consistently phenomenal (I wasn't a fan of "Ring of Fire", but besides that...) Of course this is just my opinion, and nothing I am saying is law. But to get on me, because I am not voting for the "Christian contestant," because he is Christian? - Really?
.
Yes, Danny is really good. I would like to see him and Adam in the final 2, in fact (and wouldn't be upset if Danny won), but I do think Adam is better, vocally, and he is my pick. After all, this is a singing competition...
.
Original Post:
Just two (really) quick things...
.
1. An April Update
So... Despite the Dr.'s and the tests and all of the assumptions, as of tomorrow April will be full term (37 weeks)... Seriously, a miracle. I can't believe it. Well, okay, yes I can. God is good. I am so excited, and I just could not keep it to myself, so am sharing my excitement here. :)
.
2. H.W.W.
Tomorrow will be my first "HIS will Wednesdays," post which you can read all about here (just scroll down to the bottom of the post). Comment below, or e-mail me any requests you may have personally or for someone else by the end of tonight and I will compile and post them all right here tomorrow. And we will, as a community, pray for God's will to be done in the lives and circumstances listed.
.
That is all... Enjoy the night! I know I will...
How many of my blog readers watch American Idol?
Adam (still) totally has my vote...