Saturday, April 25, 2009

a whole-bunch-o-random...

Here goes:
.
1.) An April Update:

To start off, yesterday I had my first at home/mid-wife appointment and it went really well! I am still dilated 2 cm (is that too much info? and did I announce the 2cm thing before? I don't remember...), and April's heart rate is at the 132ish mark. Amazing. (If you haven't seen my post from a few days ago - click here!)
.
My little girl is going strong and I am rather excited. Have I mentioned I am 36.5 weeks!!! My due date is actually May 20th (I am not sure if I have ever mentioned that before either...?) but wow, I never expected to get anywhere near my due date and now look at me. Look at us! Less than a month away...
.
2.) You Asked!

A few people have e-mailed me asking about April's name, and if I chose that name for her thinking she would come in April. Hmm... Good question...
.
It is true. I did! I was torn between Lily and a few others, but towards the end of March I was certain that she would come in April, and was still a bit uncertain on the name, so went with it. I think April Rose has a beautiful sound to it,

.
So what happens if I do not have her in the next 5 days? In April? Oh, she will still be April. May Rose just doesn't have the same ring to it. :)
.
3.) Shirt orders.

I didn't know how else to say this, so am just going to add it in here: Since launching the "Support Life: Pick a Rose" campaign, if you will, I have received several comments and e-mails from people who have said they have ordered, but Uber Clothing does not show as many orders as being received.
..
I am stumped...

.
So... If you have ordered a shirt, can you either comment below or e-mail me with your name, and let me know if you received a confirmation e-mail. If you did not, your order may not have went through. Also, especially comment if you were one of those who said you ordered multiples (I have heard from some that they bought a few for them and their kids, one for them/one for their mother, and one for themselves/a sister, but UD+M doesn't show any multiple orders at all.)
.
If you are having any other problems with the site, or with the cart not loading, e-mail/comment about that as well, so we can resolve it. We just want to make sure everyone who wants a shirt gets one. And hey (a little self-promotion here), it's not too late - click here if you are still interested, and get a hot tee and make a difference for life.
.
4.) Introducing... H.W.W. - Read on!

Lastly and most important: When I started my blog I never imagined I would have the amount of daily visitors that I currently do. I never could have foreseen my story reaching across continents and so many people following, praying and caring. It is incredible... And it is all God. I feel your prayers and support and it is such a blessing in my life.
.
Now, in the last two weeks specifically, I have received several e-mails containing prayer requests. People who would like me to pray for her or him, or themselves. People who want me to pass along another blog address of someone else in need of prayer, and so on. I was a little taken back by this at first (like, why are people asking little ole' me?), but I believe strongly in giving back, and being faithful with the opportunities that God gives me, especially when it entails being directed and/or directing others back towards Him.
.
So this is what I propose. - "HIS will Wednesdays" I talked here about how I am realizing more and more the importance of praying for His will to be done, vs. our own wills, so I thought the name was fitting.
.
The details: If you have a request (personal, family-related, child-related, unspoken), or if you see a blog/know a family who needs prayer, etc. e-mail me. I will share those requests with everyone, every Wednesday. Isn't that what community is all about? I am honestly so thankful for the community of support that I have personally received here, like I said, it is such a blessing, but I know that I am not the only one who needs it!
.
Will you please join me on Wednesdays to pray for His will to be done in our lives and in the lives of others? I am excited and will post everyone's requests. Whether I have 1 or 100. (Please indicate in your e-mail if it is okay for me to link back to your site, if you have one/and can you put "H.W.W." or something similar in the subject line too?). I am excited to see what God will have us pray for and how He will continue to work in this community.
.
In the meantime, before "HIS will Wednesday's" first installment, please pray for this sweet girl and her family. I am broken by this story, especially after their last update: Pray for Kayleigh - Pray for God's will to be done with this sweet miracle girl and for her parents to have peace.

.

"... Pray for one another so that you may be healed...
The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much..."
James 5:16