Thursday, May 28, 2009

becoming educated

This post was retrieved from Bloglines as the cache had been cleared and it couldn't be found via the original blog cache.

I actually chose to step away from my blog today, but logged in just now to check out a few other people's blogs I follow, and in the process had some comments to look over...
.
I know, I know, I should always "let my gentleness be evident to all." But, I think you will all agree after reading this, that this comment merits a response:
.

Of course this person has no profile or blog, so is basically anonymous, and I won't waste too much time on this, other than to say I am so thankful that my dear friend (and Birth Doula) Raechel will be posting a little update here in a few, as well as some "education" on some of these issues!
("sriggs" is not alone in her lack of knowledge on such things).
.
Folks, women go past their due dates all of the time. Especially first time Mom's.
.
And, I don't write about April? Hmm... False. She is all I think about, and I would venture to say I have blogged about her in about 95% of my posts, if not more.
.
But that is neither here or there. There is an ugly side of blogging and this is it. If in your ignorance, you believe "Doctor's don't allow women to go past their due date," or believe that I am merely "leading you all on," then feel free to stop visiting. I won't take offense. Actually I would prefer it. But if by chance, you would like to become educated on our situation, stay tuned... Raechel is just finishing up the next post.
.
For now, I will go back to relaxing and poking my little girl...