Sunday, May 31, 2009

dear mr. anonymous

Many of you comment anonymously, and have explained that you like to leave your private life, well, private! So, even some of you who do have a blog, have chosen at times to comment here anonymously. It makes sense, and boy, do I feel ya! Unfortunately, I am now disabling anonymous comments. I know, I know...

Actually, I am quite okay with it.

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of talking with this (Mck)Mama about the ugly side of blogging, and she said something that has stuck with me long after we got off the phone...

She told me (I am paraphrasing of course) that she used to read and then delete a lot of anonymous comments, but she came to a point in which she wasn't going to have that kind of "secret relationship" with her anonymous/negative commenters. Meaning, those commenters would see that their comments were not published, but obviously read. So, it is like they were talking with her, but no one else knew. She has since done away with the secrets and publishes/keeps up the good with the bad.

I hope that some day I will be that strong; taking in all the negative and then publishing, but for now, at this point in my life, I have decided that this morning I read my last anonymous comment (at least for now). You can read it too:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dear Mr. (or most likely, Mrs.) Anonymous,

I am appalled. Truly.

However, I do not feel the need to explain myself, tell you how you are wrong, or defend my daughter's life or myself in detail (been there, done that).

I am sorry (sincerely) that you are so miserable that you have to go around to blogs and leave hurtful comments to people already hurting, most likely in an attempt to make yourself feel better. That isn't a place I would wish on anyone.

Here are a few verses I personally find encouraging, that I want to share with you:

  • "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with Your right hand You save me." - Psalm 138:7

  • "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." - Proverbs 18:10

  • "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." - Psalm 30:5

The word is true.

Sincerely,

April's Mom (Funny, my name is not Becky as you guessed? assumed? thought?)

Oh and P.S. - Miracles can happen. They already have. And I am glad that you have recognized this as a theme throughout my posts. - It is where my heart is. It is what I hope and pray for.

Will it happen? - Well, if this was all fiction, and I could choose my next chapter - Absolutely. But, since I can't, I do not know, and that is where my faith comes in. "God is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end." (Psalm 48:14)