Tuesday, May 19, 2009

pink, anyone?

Hi, friends! It's B's friend Raechel again.

No, she is not in labor! This is not that post.

I am actually hijacking her blog this afternoon because I had an idea that I need your help with. (Hi, B!)

As you all know, TOMORROW is B's due date, believe it or not. Who knew back in March when B decided to name her baby girl April Rose that she would be a May baby after all (or potentially a June baby, for that matter!)?

I think we all know Who knew, don't we?

Well, I was thinking that it would be fun to so something special for B to celebrate with her this miracle of making it all the way to May 20th. It is a miracle, after all.

Many of you probably remember about a month ago when
Stellan was having his ablation in Boston. We all (well, those of us who are die-hard MckMama fans!) photographed ourselves in orange clothing holding signs that said we were "Praying for Stellan".

Can we do something similar for B and Baby April?

Here is what I propose: Tomorrow, May 20th is B's due date. All day that day let's celebrate and hope with these sweet girls that we've grown to know and love.

I hereby officially declare tomorrow:


"Hoping in Pink" Day
.
(Do you all remember this post in which B so beautifully juxtaposed her emotions as "grieving in grey" and "hoping in pink"?)

So, let's do it! Take a picture of yourself, your family, your dog, whoever you can come up with wearing as much pink as you can! Then, email it to me at hopinginpink@gmail.com and I will post all the photos on her blog tomorrow.

Let's celebrate with B this miracle of arriving at her due date. Let's hope with B and D that they will, indeed, get to meet and love on this earth their sweet daughter, April Rose. And, most importantly, let's celebrate together the Hope we have in the unfailing love of our Lord and Savior.

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD."
Psalm 31:24

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him."
Psalm 62:5

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
and in his word I put my hope."
Psalm 130:5

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him."
Lamentations 3:21-25

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:12

And, a favorite:

"O Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
for with the LORD is unfailing love
and with him is full redemption."
Psalm 130:7

Looking forward to "seeing" you all tomorrow!

-Raechel