Tuesday, May 26, 2009

my first ever contest and a few pretty things

This post was retrieved from Bloglines as the cache had been cleared and it couldn't be found via the original blog cache.

Okay, so if you haven't seen my prior post below, read it here, or just scroll down. - You don't want to miss it... It includes the "His will Wednesdays" post (on Tuesday), as well as some stuff on my heart, and yes, an April update.
.
But real quick... A half million.
.
Yeah, I am just under 10,000 hits shy of reaching this half million mark, which is pretty crazy (and humbling). So, I am having my first little contest of sorts (kind of like what I have seen this Mama do)...

I have been given some cool little "giveaways" from a few different companies. Nothing major, but little by little I plan on highlighting some of the companies behind the giveaways. And I figured I would start with the half million hit (or closest to it).

So, if you hit it (my stat counter is at the bottom of my page) and can prove it, e-mail me here, and I will contact you if you are closest, and will send you a cool "mystery prize." - Well, mystery for now, until I know what is closest suited for the winner, and until I highlight the prize/company right here, once this contest is over.
.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For now, 2 companies that I just have to highlight (and no, these are not the giveaways, they are just amazing!):

Gracious May Shoes
.
These are, hands down, the cutest shoes I have everseen. Grace, the woman behindGracious Maywas "gracious" enough to make little April a pair, and they are so beautiful. You probably saw this picture before, but let me just share it with you again...

This photo doesn't even do these little things justice. If you want an adorable pair of little shoes for your sweet girl or boy, you have to check out Gracious Mayhere.

and

Hooked on You - Hand Crocheted Hats

Just this afternoon I received a beautiful letter and hat for April from Veronica over atHooked on You, and well I am hooked! - It is beautiful and I am officially declaring one of these amust havefor any Mommy...

I love the flower, but she does stripes and solids for the little men in your life too. Clickhereto head on over to Hooked on You.

Thank you Grace and Veronica!

(and don't forget -500,000!)

(And oh, P.S. - Since a few of you have asked previously about how this would work and now I have actually done this... Here is the deal: If YOU have a small business (or large one) and are interested in being highlighted/introduced right here, and would be willing to donate an item for this purpose in exchange for a little recognition, just e-mail me!)